If you thought that Parsley oil was only an inconsequential garnish to throw away in the trash with the remains of your meal, then you best think again. This is because eating Parsley oil has a broad range of health benefits that any diner would be crazy to pass up. What is that we call Parsley oil? It is a type of oil extracted from Parsley herb, Petroselinum crispum of the Apiaceae family.
Parsley is bright green herb and has its origin from the Mediterranean. The leaves, seeds, and roots are used to make medicine to treat conditions, such as kidney stones, urinary tract infection, and constipation, prostate as well colon cancer, indigestion, and bad breath.
The plant can only grow to a height of two meters, preference for areas with partial shade. This plant exists in two varieties namely, the curly leaf parsley and the Italian parsley, which can also be referred to as the “the flat leaf parsley.”
This curly garnish does not only add flavor and color to dishes but also provides many health advantages. The list of healing properties and benefits include the following:
- Vitamins A, B 12, C, and K keep an immune system healthy and strengthen the bones. Flushing toxins and excess fluids from the body will enhance the proper functioning of the kidney.
- Help keep your blood pressure under control. A simple routine of taking a few parsley sprigs a day is the trick this essential oil holds to helping you regulate blood pressure.
- The folic acid in this herb improves heart function. The proper functioning of the heart guarantees a healthy body. This is because the heart helps in pumping blood to every part of the body, ensuring there is sufficient oxygen for the proper functioning of the body.
- The vitamin C found in this plant prevents the hardening of arteries. Arteries transport blood from the heart to every part of the body. A rigid artery would hinder this process, in turn limiting the amount of blood and oxygen being transferred to specific areas of the body.
- Massage parsley oil into your scalp to decrease hair loss. This oil helps in opening up skin pores on the scalp, leaving enough room for the excretion of waste that would otherwise render the scalp unwell.
- A daily dose intake of this herb can help to reduce inflammation and joint pain.
- Drinking parsley tea regularly helps to improve digestion and relax tensed muscles in the body.
- The essential oils in parsley can slow down the growth of the cancerous tumor.
- Women often eat it to enhance hormone balance.